andy Spelling is reluctantly selling the Los Angeles mansion in which she’d lived with her late husband, the producer Aaron Spelling, and their actress daughter, Tori, because she is no longer on speaking terms with Tori or her family. “If I had any hope that I would have a relationship with my grandchildren I would never sell this house,” said Spelling this week. The 56,500-square-foot house is now the most expensive home for sale in the U.S., at an asking price of $150 million. It has more than 100 rooms, including a bowling alley, theater, gift-wrapping room, and beauty salon.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- Driverless cars may be an environmental disaster
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- How America's internet can become the fastest on Earth
Subscribe to the Week