American Catholics are more liberal than the general population on homosexuality, divorce, and premarital sex, despite the Catholic Church’s official stance on those issues. 54% of Catholics say homosexual relations are morally acceptable, compared with 45% of non-Catholics. 71% of Catholics approve of divorce, compared with 66% of non-Catholics. 67% of Catholics say premarital sex is morally acceptable, compared with 57% of non-Catholics.
60% of voters now have an unfavorable opinion of Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, including 42% who say their view is “very unfavorable.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- The danger of the Democrats' lack of desperation
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
Subscribe to the Week