American Catholics are more liberal than the general population on homosexuality, divorce, and premarital sex, despite the Catholic Church’s official stance on those issues. 54% of Catholics say homosexual relations are morally acceptable, compared with 45% of non-Catholics. 71% of Catholics approve of divorce, compared with 66% of non-Catholics. 67% of Catholics say premarital sex is morally acceptable, compared with 57% of non-Catholics.
60% of voters now have an unfavorable opinion of Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, including 42% who say their view is “very unfavorable.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
- Rise of the machines
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week