Old Globe Theatre, San Diego
“Though never a chore,” this revival of a 1978 musical based on Studs Terkel’s famous book is rarely a joy, said the Los Angeles Times. Lin-Manuel Miranda adds two new songs to Nina Faso and Stephen Schwartz’s original, but the show remains “just a series of musical sketches.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week