Chivalry is officially dead, said David Zurawik in the Baltimore Sun. Levi Johnston -- the ex-fiance of Bristol Palin -- laughed with Tyra Banks on "The Tyra Banks Show" about his sexual relationship with the daughter of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin. Shame on Levi Johnston -- and shame on Tyra Banks for treating him like a celebrity simply because he got the daughter of a “family values” politician pregnant. (watch Levi Johnson talk with Tyra Banks)
Johnston -- father of Bristol Palin’s baby, Tripp -- didn’t just spill secrets about his relationship with his ex-girlfriend, said Anne Schroeder Mullins in Politico. He said “Sarah Palin knew the two were together in the biblical sense,” prompting a Palin representative to release a statement saying Johnson was more interested in exploiting his relationship with the family than in looking after the wellbeing of his child.
You can’t blame Sarah Palin for being mad, said Allahpundit in Hot Air. If I were Bristol Palin, I’d be at the courthouse right now “filing for child support to get whatever piece she can of the dirty money Tyra Banks paid this kid” for gossiping about their sex life. After watching the video of Johnson on the show, all I can say is, “what a turd.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
Subscribe to the Week