Chivalry is officially dead, said David Zurawik in the Baltimore Sun. Levi Johnston -- the ex-fiance of Bristol Palin -- laughed with Tyra Banks on "The Tyra Banks Show" about his sexual relationship with the daughter of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin. Shame on Levi Johnston -- and shame on Tyra Banks for treating him like a celebrity simply because he got the daughter of a “family values” politician pregnant. (watch Levi Johnson talk with Tyra Banks)
Johnston -- father of Bristol Palin’s baby, Tripp -- didn’t just spill secrets about his relationship with his ex-girlfriend, said Anne Schroeder Mullins in Politico. He said “Sarah Palin knew the two were together in the biblical sense,” prompting a Palin representative to release a statement saying Johnson was more interested in exploiting his relationship with the family than in looking after the wellbeing of his child.
You can’t blame Sarah Palin for being mad, said Allahpundit in Hot Air. If I were Bristol Palin, I’d be at the courthouse right now “filing for child support to get whatever piece she can of the dirty money Tyra Banks paid this kid” for gossiping about their sex life. After watching the video of Johnson on the show, all I can say is, “what a turd.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week