“Following months of flirting, dating, denying that they were dating, fighting, and denying that they were fighting,” said The Hollywood Gossip, Lindsay Lohan and Samantha Ronson “have finally broken up.” They reportedly got into a fight over the weekend at a party Ronson was throwing for her fashion designer sister, Charlotte, at West Hollywood’s Bar Marmount, and decided to call it quits.
Lohan is claiming that she needs a break to focus on herself, said Elizabeth Snead in the Los Angeles Times, which is just “hilarious. Some might say that Lindsay's problem is definitely not the lack of an ability to focus on herself,” but “just the opposite.”
Maybe Lohan is just in denial, said Korin Miller in the New York Daily News. Lindsay is “reportedly devastated by the split,” and “had to be restrained by five bodyguards while trying to get into Charlotte's bash this weekend, while Samantha DJed inside.” And now reports are coming out that “Ronson's family is pursuing a restraining order against” Lohan—this saga may be far from over.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to live a long life, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Why is Obama still smoking?
Subscribe to the Week