ince 1971, American has been living high on “nothing more than bits of paper,” said Muhim Iqbal Khan in Pakistan’s Ausaf (via Watching America). To protect this fraudulent currency “shell game,” America persuaded Saudi Arabia and OPEC to use its “fake dollars” as the currency for oil. When Saddam Hussein started selling oil in euros, American overthrew him. Now Iran is threatening the “Great Satan” by abandoning the dollar, thus turning “the idols of American pride and conceit to dust.” America beware: “When the real value of these fake dollars is revealed to whole world, America will see only darkness everywhere.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: April 18, 2014
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- How moderns celebrate Good Friday and Easter
Subscribe to the Week