laska Gov. Sarah Palin called her ex-almost-son-in-law, Levi Johnston, a liar this week, after he said the conservative governor had let him share a room with her teenage daughter Bristol and “probably knew” they were having sex. “Moms are pretty smart,” said Johnston in an appearance on The Tyra Banks Show. Johnston and Bristol Palin had a child four months ago, and recently called off their engagement. Johnston said his ex-girlfriend “doesn’t want me around.” In a statement, Gov. Palin accused Johnston of seeking “fame, attention, and fortune” and “engaging in flat-out lies, gross exaggeration, and even distortion.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Attack of the invasive species
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
Subscribe to the Week