Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin called her ex-almost-son-in-law, Levi Johnston, a liar this week, after he said the conservative governor had let him share a room with her teenage daughter Bristol and “probably knew” they were having sex. “Moms are pretty smart,” said Johnston in an appearance on The Tyra Banks Show. Johnston and Bristol Palin had a child four months ago, and recently called off their engagement. Johnston said his ex-girlfriend “doesn’t want me around.” In a statement, Gov. Palin accused Johnston of seeking “fame, attention, and fortune” and “engaging in flat-out lies, gross exaggeration, and even distortion.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- The U.S. dollar has been strengthening for 3 straight years! (That's not good news.)
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Do you need to be crazy to be the best?
Subscribe to the Week