Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin called her ex-almost-son-in-law, Levi Johnston, a liar this week, after he said the conservative governor had let him share a room with her teenage daughter Bristol and “probably knew” they were having sex. “Moms are pretty smart,” said Johnston in an appearance on The Tyra Banks Show. Johnston and Bristol Palin had a child four months ago, and recently called off their engagement. Johnston said his ex-girlfriend “doesn’t want me around.” In a statement, Gov. Palin accused Johnston of seeking “fame, attention, and fortune” and “engaging in flat-out lies, gross exaggeration, and even distortion.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- How to stop misogynists from terrorizing the world of gamers
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
Subscribe to the Week