Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin called her ex-almost-son-in-law, Levi Johnston, a liar this week, after he said the conservative governor had let him share a room with her teenage daughter Bristol and “probably knew” they were having sex. “Moms are pretty smart,” said Johnston in an appearance on The Tyra Banks Show. Johnston and Bristol Palin had a child four months ago, and recently called off their engagement. Johnston said his ex-girlfriend “doesn’t want me around.” In a statement, Gov. Palin accused Johnston of seeking “fame, attention, and fortune” and “engaging in flat-out lies, gross exaggeration, and even distortion.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week