laska Gov. Sarah Palin called her ex-almost-son-in-law, Levi Johnston, a liar this week, after he said the conservative governor had let him share a room with her teenage daughter Bristol and “probably knew” they were having sex. “Moms are pretty smart,” said Johnston in an appearance on The Tyra Banks Show. Johnston and Bristol Palin had a child four months ago, and recently called off their engagement. Johnston said his ex-girlfriend “doesn’t want me around.” In a statement, Gov. Palin accused Johnston of seeking “fame, attention, and fortune” and “engaging in flat-out lies, gross exaggeration, and even distortion.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- 10 things you need to know today: March 9, 2014
Subscribe to the Week