Farrah Fawcett, who was diagnosed with anal cancer in 2006, was hospitalized in Los Angeles last week after an alternative treatment she had been undergoing in Germany caused severe internal bleeding. A friend of the actress’, Craig Nevius, said the cancer had spread to Fawcett’s liver, but denied reports that the situation was dire. “She is not on death’s door,” Nevius said. “Her fight goes on.” While Fawcett was in the hospital, her 24-year-old son, Redmond O’Neal, was charged with possession of heroin while visiting a friend at a California jail.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The week's best photojournalism
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week