Farrah Fawcett, who was diagnosed with anal cancer in 2006, was hospitalized in Los Angeles last week after an alternative treatment she had been undergoing in Germany caused severe internal bleeding. A friend of the actress’, Craig Nevius, said the cancer had spread to Fawcett’s liver, but denied reports that the situation was dire. “She is not on death’s door,” Nevius said. “Her fight goes on.” While Fawcett was in the hospital, her 24-year-old son, Redmond O’Neal, was charged with possession of heroin while visiting a friend at a California jail.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to make corn dogs
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- Why America needs more billionaires
Subscribe to the Week