arrah Fawcett, who was diagnosed with anal cancer in 2006, was hospitalized in Los Angeles last week after an alternative treatment she had been undergoing in Germany caused severe internal bleeding. A friend of the actress’, Craig Nevius, said the cancer had spread to Fawcett’s liver, but denied reports that the situation was dire. “She is not on death’s door,” Nevius said. “Her fight goes on.” While Fawcett was in the hospital, her 24-year-old son, Redmond O’Neal, was charged with possession of heroin while visiting a friend at a California jail.
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Battle in a blizzard
- The secrets of happy families
- Did God have a wife?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Why Newt Gingrich is getting flak for defending Nelson Mandela
Subscribe to the Week