arrah Fawcett, who was diagnosed with anal cancer in 2006, was hospitalized in Los Angeles last week after an alternative treatment she had been undergoing in Germany caused severe internal bleeding. A friend of the actress’, Craig Nevius, said the cancer had spread to Fawcett’s liver, but denied reports that the situation was dire. “She is not on death’s door,” Nevius said. “Her fight goes on.” While Fawcett was in the hospital, her 24-year-old son, Redmond O’Neal, was charged with possession of heroin while visiting a friend at a California jail.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week