Farrah Fawcett, who was diagnosed with anal cancer in 2006, was hospitalized in Los Angeles last week after an alternative treatment she had been undergoing in Germany caused severe internal bleeding. A friend of the actress’, Craig Nevius, said the cancer had spread to Fawcett’s liver, but denied reports that the situation was dire. “She is not on death’s door,” Nevius said. “Her fight goes on.” While Fawcett was in the hospital, her 24-year-old son, Redmond O’Neal, was charged with possession of heroin while visiting a friend at a California jail.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Four annoying sounds you need to stop making
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 10 things you need to know today: August 23, 2014
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
Subscribe to the Week