emi Moore last week used Twitter to stop a woman from killing herself. The actress received a tweet from a fan who said she was “getting a knife” to commit suicide. Moore immediately shared the threat with her 400,000 Twitter contacts. Several Moore fans were able to identify the woman, and they contacted police, who took her in for psychiatric evaluation. “Thanks everyone for reaching out,” Moore tweeted.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why we need a maximum wage
Subscribe to the Week