emi Moore last week used Twitter to stop a woman from killing herself. The actress received a tweet from a fan who said she was “getting a knife” to commit suicide. Moore immediately shared the threat with her 400,000 Twitter contacts. Several Moore fans were able to identify the woman, and they contacted police, who took her in for psychiatric evaluation. “Thanks everyone for reaching out,” Moore tweeted.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Entrepreneurs: A dying breed?
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
Subscribe to the Week