emi Moore last week used Twitter to stop a woman from killing herself. The actress received a tweet from a fan who said she was “getting a knife” to commit suicide. Moore immediately shared the threat with her 400,000 Twitter contacts. Several Moore fans were able to identify the woman, and they contacted police, who took her in for psychiatric evaluation. “Thanks everyone for reaching out,” Moore tweeted.
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The Black Death is back
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Millennial women have seriously narrowed the wage gap with men
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- 5 surprising snubs from the Golden Globe nominations
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
Subscribe to the Week