Dial W for dinner
Between April 30 and Sept. 30, Fort Lauderdale’s new W Hotel is offering guests a $299 package that includes one night’s stay, a manicure, a bottle of wine, and a chef-guided kitchen tour and dinner at Steak 954. Contact: Whotels.com/fortlauderdale
Chase a twister in Oklahoma on Tempest Tours’ five-night Mini-Tornado Tour. Thrill-seekers board “storm-intercept vehicles” and hunt down severe weather patterns. The tour runs June 8 to 13, and packages start at $1,295 with lodging. Contact: Tempesttours.com
Through April, guests who stay three nights at the Astra Apartments and Suites on the Greek island of Santorini receive a fourth night free. Rooms at the waterfront property, overlooking the Aegean Sea, start at $316 per night. Contact: Astra.gr
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- How to make classic pulled pork
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
Subscribe to the Week