ial W for dinner
Between April 30 and Sept. 30, Fort Lauderdale’s new W Hotel is offering guests a $299 package that includes one night’s stay, a manicure, a bottle of wine, and a chef-guided kitchen tour and dinner at Steak 954. Contact: Whotels.com/fortlauderdale
Chase a twister in Oklahoma on Tempest Tours’ five-night Mini-Tornado Tour. Thrill-seekers board “storm-intercept vehicles” and hunt down severe weather patterns. The tour runs June 8 to 13, and packages start at $1,295 with lodging. Contact: Tempesttours.com
Through April, guests who stay three nights at the Astra Apartments and Suites on the Greek island of Santorini receive a fourth night free. Rooms at the waterfront property, overlooking the Aegean Sea, start at $316 per night. Contact: Astra.gr
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- Attack of the invasive species
- That 'world's toughest job' ad is actually full of horrible lessons on motherhood
- How Captain America won over China
Subscribe to the Week