Dial W for dinner
Between April 30 and Sept. 30, Fort Lauderdale’s new W Hotel is offering guests a $299 package that includes one night’s stay, a manicure, a bottle of wine, and a chef-guided kitchen tour and dinner at Steak 954. Contact: Whotels.com/fortlauderdale
Chase a twister in Oklahoma on Tempest Tours’ five-night Mini-Tornado Tour. Thrill-seekers board “storm-intercept vehicles” and hunt down severe weather patterns. The tour runs June 8 to 13, and packages start at $1,295 with lodging. Contact: Tempesttours.com
Through April, guests who stay three nights at the Astra Apartments and Suites on the Greek island of Santorini receive a fourth night free. Rooms at the waterfront property, overlooking the Aegean Sea, start at $316 per night. Contact: Astra.gr
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- How to survive a spaceship disaster
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week