Dial W for dinner
Between April 30 and Sept. 30, Fort Lauderdale’s new W Hotel is offering guests a $299 package that includes one night’s stay, a manicure, a bottle of wine, and a chef-guided kitchen tour and dinner at Steak 954. Contact: Whotels.com/fortlauderdale
Chase a twister in Oklahoma on Tempest Tours’ five-night Mini-Tornado Tour. Thrill-seekers board “storm-intercept vehicles” and hunt down severe weather patterns. The tour runs June 8 to 13, and packages start at $1,295 with lodging. Contact: Tempesttours.com
Through April, guests who stay three nights at the Astra Apartments and Suites on the Greek island of Santorini receive a fourth night free. Rooms at the waterfront property, overlooking the Aegean Sea, start at $316 per night. Contact: Astra.gr
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week