Monday, April 13
Bring It On (2000)
A charming, energetic comedy about rival high school cheerleading squads—one from an affluent white suburb, the other from the inner city. With Kirsten Dunst and Gabrielle Union. 8 p.m., Encore
Little Caesar (1930)
Real-life Chicago mobster Sam Cardinelli inspired this crime saga, in which Edward G. Robinson utters the famous line, “Mother of mercy, is this the end of Rico?” 7:30 a.m., TCM
Snow Angels (2008)
A bleak, critically acclaimed drama about disintegrating relationships and murder in a small town, starring Sam Rockwell and Kate Beckinsale. From Stewart O’Nan’s novel. 9:30 a.m., Cinemax
The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956)
In Alfred Hitchcock’s riveting remake of his own 1934 drama, James Stewart is an innocent American abroad who becomes embroiled in an assassination plot. 10 p.m., TCM
In the Line of Fire (1993)
Clint Eastwood portrays an aging Secret Service agent who faces off against a would-be presidential assassin in this superior thriller. With John Malkovich. 12:45 p.m., AMC
From director David Cronenberg’s early days, a low-budget but effective sci-fi chiller involving a secret race of telepaths. Starring Jennifer O’Neill. 10:35 p.m., TMC
The Face of Another (1966)
Scarred in an accident, a scientist obtains a synthetic face in this disturbing but thoughtful thriller from director Hiroshi Teshigahara.
8 a.m., IFC
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
Subscribe to the Week