Results: Oh Canada, you country in need of a slogan! We asked you for one and you sled in with: Hey, We’re Up Here! America’s Suburb. America’s Attic. America’s Hairline. We Put the North in North America. Leaf Your Troubles Behind. We Give a Puck. Land of Cheaper Drugs. Canada: Where the Geese Come From. Eh, We’re Adorable! And –
FIRST PRIZE: Canada: It’s Almost Like a Foreign Country!
Lera Cavanaugh, Brighton, MI
SECOND PRIZE: Canada: Just Like the United States, Only Cooler.
Marc Pape, Phoenix, AZ
THIRD PRIZE: One part England, one part France.
It’s cold up here, so wear warm pants.
Dave Hall, Pittsfield, MA
We’re Not The United States but We’re Darn Close
Ross Webster, Valrico, FL
Canada: Where Your Cold Front Begins
Mark Spiegel, Bradford, MA
The Other Mexico.
Gordon Wimpress, North Hollywood, CA
Canada: Where Winter Spends the Summer
John and Susan Cosgrove, Pittsburgh, PA
Come Catch Our Cold!
Jeremy Schram, Florence, KY
Come For the Bacon, Stay for the Healthcare
Joy Larson, Groton, SD
World’s Longest Undefended Border—What’s Stopping You?
Joseph Rusz, Herndon, VA
Canada: Where Socialism Doesn’t Mean You Have to be Social
Betty Farrier, Walloon Lake, MI
We’re Not Called “Can’tada,” Are We?
Derek Hartle, Woodstock, IL
Canada: It’s Not Just for Draft-Dodgers Anymore
Daren Wagner, Moscow, ID
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week