Results: Oh Canada, you country in need of a slogan! We asked you for one and you sled in with: Hey, We’re Up Here! America’s Suburb. America’s Attic. America’s Hairline. We Put the North in North America. Leaf Your Troubles Behind. We Give a Puck. Land of Cheaper Drugs. Canada: Where the Geese Come From. Eh, We’re Adorable! And –
FIRST PRIZE: Canada: It’s Almost Like a Foreign Country!
Lera Cavanaugh, Brighton, MI
SECOND PRIZE: Canada: Just Like the United States, Only Cooler.
Marc Pape, Phoenix, AZ
THIRD PRIZE: One part England, one part France.
It’s cold up here, so wear warm pants.
Dave Hall, Pittsfield, MA
We’re Not The United States but We’re Darn Close
Ross Webster, Valrico, FL
Canada: Where Your Cold Front Begins
Mark Spiegel, Bradford, MA
The Other Mexico.
Gordon Wimpress, North Hollywood, CA
Canada: Where Winter Spends the Summer
John and Susan Cosgrove, Pittsburgh, PA
Come Catch Our Cold!
Jeremy Schram, Florence, KY
Come For the Bacon, Stay for the Healthcare
Joy Larson, Groton, SD
World’s Longest Undefended Border—What’s Stopping You?
Joseph Rusz, Herndon, VA
Canada: Where Socialism Doesn’t Mean You Have to be Social
Betty Farrier, Walloon Lake, MI
We’re Not Called “Can’tada,” Are We?
Derek Hartle, Woodstock, IL
Canada: It’s Not Just for Draft-Dodgers Anymore
Daren Wagner, Moscow, ID
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week