Results: Oh Canada, you country in need of a slogan! We asked you for one and you sled in with: Hey, We’re Up Here! America’s Suburb. America’s Attic. America’s Hairline. We Put the North in North America. Leaf Your Troubles Behind. We Give a Puck. Land of Cheaper Drugs. Canada: Where the Geese Come From. Eh, We’re Adorable! And –
FIRST PRIZE: Canada: It’s Almost Like a Foreign Country!
Lera Cavanaugh, Brighton, MI
SECOND PRIZE: Canada: Just Like the United States, Only Cooler.
Marc Pape, Phoenix, AZ
THIRD PRIZE: One part England, one part France.
It’s cold up here, so wear warm pants.
Dave Hall, Pittsfield, MA
We’re Not The United States but We’re Darn Close
Ross Webster, Valrico, FL
Canada: Where Your Cold Front Begins
Mark Spiegel, Bradford, MA
The Other Mexico.
Gordon Wimpress, North Hollywood, CA
Canada: Where Winter Spends the Summer
John and Susan Cosgrove, Pittsburgh, PA
Come Catch Our Cold!
Jeremy Schram, Florence, KY
Come For the Bacon, Stay for the Healthcare
Joy Larson, Groton, SD
World’s Longest Undefended Border—What’s Stopping You?
Joseph Rusz, Herndon, VA
Canada: Where Socialism Doesn’t Mean You Have to be Social
Betty Farrier, Walloon Lake, MI
We’re Not Called “Can’tada,” Are We?
Derek Hartle, Woodstock, IL
Canada: It’s Not Just for Draft-Dodgers Anymore
Daren Wagner, Moscow, ID
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- These real-life Rosie the Riveters changed the face of labor
- The next pandemic
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week