Results: Oh Canada, you country in need of a slogan! We asked you for one and you sled in with: Hey, We’re Up Here! America’s Suburb. America’s Attic. America’s Hairline. We Put the North in North America. Leaf Your Troubles Behind. We Give a Puck. Land of Cheaper Drugs. Canada: Where the Geese Come From. Eh, We’re Adorable! And –
FIRST PRIZE: Canada: It’s Almost Like a Foreign Country!
Lera Cavanaugh, Brighton, MI
SECOND PRIZE: Canada: Just Like the United States, Only Cooler.
Marc Pape, Phoenix, AZ
THIRD PRIZE: One part England, one part France.
It’s cold up here, so wear warm pants.
Dave Hall, Pittsfield, MA
We’re Not The United States but We’re Darn Close
Ross Webster, Valrico, FL
Canada: Where Your Cold Front Begins
Mark Spiegel, Bradford, MA
The Other Mexico.
Gordon Wimpress, North Hollywood, CA
Canada: Where Winter Spends the Summer
John and Susan Cosgrove, Pittsburgh, PA
Come Catch Our Cold!
Jeremy Schram, Florence, KY
Come For the Bacon, Stay for the Healthcare
Joy Larson, Groton, SD
World’s Longest Undefended Border—What’s Stopping You?
Joseph Rusz, Herndon, VA
Canada: Where Socialism Doesn’t Mean You Have to be Social
Betty Farrier, Walloon Lake, MI
We’re Not Called “Can’tada,” Are We?
Derek Hartle, Woodstock, IL
Canada: It’s Not Just for Draft-Dodgers Anymore
Daren Wagner, Moscow, ID
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- 10 things you need to know today: December 8, 2013
- The executioners' lament
- What makes a word the word of the year?
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- 9 negative effects divorce reportedly has on children
Subscribe to the Week