Wishbone Starter Bike
This bike, made from reclaimed wood, sits on 60 percent post-consumer recycled plastic wheels.
Price: $249; Contact: Skiphop.com
Source: New York
This puzzle—handcrafted from rubberwood and using nontoxic paints—“doubles as eye-catching room décor.”
Price: $17.99; Contact: Imagiplay.com
Perfect for “a budding Frank Lloyd Wright,” this set of pine blocks is made from wood that’s sustainably harvested in France.
Price: $30 for 40 pieces; Contact: Kaplatoys.com
Totem model kit
The recycled-cardboard pieces of this model kit reward wild imaginations.
Price: $34; Contact: Hipfromholland.com
This dollhouse, decked out with solar panels and recycling bins, is also made from green materials.
Price: $146.96; Contact: Hearthsong.com
Rufus the Polar Bear
This arctic friend marries timeless good looks with eco-friendly materials and nontoxic finishes.
Price: $295; Contact: Nettocollection.com
Source: The New York Times
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 10 burning questions you've always wanted to ask about investing
Subscribe to the Week