Wishbone Starter Bike
This bike, made from reclaimed wood, sits on 60 percent post-consumer recycled plastic wheels.
Price: $249; Contact: Skiphop.com
Source: New York
This puzzle—handcrafted from rubberwood and using nontoxic paints—“doubles as eye-catching room décor.”
Price: $17.99; Contact: Imagiplay.com
Perfect for “a budding Frank Lloyd Wright,” this set of pine blocks is made from wood that’s sustainably harvested in France.
Price: $30 for 40 pieces; Contact: Kaplatoys.com
Totem model kit
The recycled-cardboard pieces of this model kit reward wild imaginations.
Price: $34; Contact: Hipfromholland.com
This dollhouse, decked out with solar panels and recycling bins, is also made from green materials.
Price: $146.96; Contact: Hearthsong.com
Rufus the Polar Bear
This arctic friend marries timeless good looks with eco-friendly materials and nontoxic finishes.
Price: $295; Contact: Nettocollection.com
Source: The New York Times
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- For the last time: Congress is not exempt from ObamaCare
Subscribe to the Week