Wishbone Starter Bike
This bike, made from reclaimed wood, sits on 60 percent post-consumer recycled plastic wheels.
Price: $249; Contact: Skiphop.com
Source: New York
This puzzle—handcrafted from rubberwood and using nontoxic paints—“doubles as eye-catching room décor.”
Price: $17.99; Contact: Imagiplay.com
Perfect for “a budding Frank Lloyd Wright,” this set of pine blocks is made from wood that’s sustainably harvested in France.
Price: $30 for 40 pieces; Contact: Kaplatoys.com
Totem model kit
The recycled-cardboard pieces of this model kit reward wild imaginations.
Price: $34; Contact: Hipfromholland.com
This dollhouse, decked out with solar panels and recycling bins, is also made from green materials.
Price: $146.96; Contact: Hearthsong.com
Rufus the Polar Bear
This arctic friend marries timeless good looks with eco-friendly materials and nontoxic finishes.
Price: $295; Contact: Nettocollection.com
Source: The New York Times
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- Adrian Peterson and our misguided debate about spanking
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- The American middle class is no longer safe from poverty — and that might be a good thing
- The Tea Party has its own immigration problem: Cuba
Subscribe to the Week