ishbone Starter Bike
This bike, made from reclaimed wood, sits on 60 percent post-consumer recycled plastic wheels.
Price: $249; Contact: Skiphop.com
Source: New York
This puzzle—handcrafted from rubberwood and using nontoxic paints—“doubles as eye-catching room décor.”
Price: $17.99; Contact: Imagiplay.com
Perfect for “a budding Frank Lloyd Wright,” this set of pine blocks is made from wood that’s sustainably harvested in France.
Price: $30 for 40 pieces; Contact: Kaplatoys.com
Totem model kit
The recycled-cardboard pieces of this model kit reward wild imaginations.
Price: $34; Contact: Hipfromholland.com
This dollhouse, decked out with solar panels and recycling bins, is also made from green materials.
Price: $146.96; Contact: Hearthsong.com
Rufus the Polar Bear
This arctic friend marries timeless good looks with eco-friendly materials and nontoxic finishes.
Price: $295; Contact: Nettocollection.com
Source: The New York Times
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: April 17, 2014
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week