mericans are giving President Obama high marks for his first overseas trip, with 79% saying they believe people in other countries will now have a more positive view of the U.S. 19% said foreign opinion of the U.S. would be more negative due to Obama.
57% of Americans favor a military response to eliminate North Korea’s missile-launching capability. 15% oppose a military response, while 28% are not sure. 73% are concerned that North Korea could one day use nuclear weapons against the U.S., up from 69% who held that view in 2006.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- How to take the perfect profile picture for online dating, according to science
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
- The one simple thing that can make you much more impressive
Subscribe to the Week