Americans are giving President Obama high marks for his first overseas trip, with 79% saying they believe people in other countries will now have a more positive view of the U.S. 19% said foreign opinion of the U.S. would be more negative due to Obama.
57% of Americans favor a military response to eliminate North Korea’s missile-launching capability. 15% oppose a military response, while 28% are not sure. 73% are concerned that North Korea could one day use nuclear weapons against the U.S., up from 69% who held that view in 2006.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Twin Peaks: What the newly revealed 'missing pieces' change about the series
Subscribe to the Week