America has launched an “evil campaign” to destabilize Pakistan, said Pakistan’s Ausaf in an editorial (via Watching America). Its “baseless” insistence that our Inter-Service Intelligence (ISI) agents are helping al Qaida, the Taliban, and other extremists poses a real threat to Pakistan. What are these “dangerous American objectives”? “The propaganda on the existence of terrorists, particularly al Qaida and the Taliban, on Pakistani land, and baseless allegations against ISI is the conspiracy through which America desires to have access to Pakistan’s nuclear weapons.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
Subscribe to the Week