America has launched an “evil campaign” to destabilize Pakistan, said Pakistan’s Ausaf in an editorial (via Watching America). Its “baseless” insistence that our Inter-Service Intelligence (ISI) agents are helping al Qaida, the Taliban, and other extremists poses a real threat to Pakistan. What are these “dangerous American objectives”? “The propaganda on the existence of terrorists, particularly al Qaida and the Taliban, on Pakistani land, and baseless allegations against ISI is the conspiracy through which America desires to have access to Pakistan’s nuclear weapons.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week