America has launched an “evil campaign” to destabilize Pakistan, said Pakistan’s Ausaf in an editorial (via Watching America). Its “baseless” insistence that our Inter-Service Intelligence (ISI) agents are helping al Qaida, the Taliban, and other extremists poses a real threat to Pakistan. What are these “dangerous American objectives”? “The propaganda on the existence of terrorists, particularly al Qaida and the Taliban, on Pakistani land, and baseless allegations against ISI is the conspiracy through which America desires to have access to Pakistan’s nuclear weapons.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
Subscribe to the Week