merica has launched an “evil campaign” to destabilize Pakistan, said Pakistan’s Ausaf in an editorial (via Watching America). Its “baseless” insistence that our Inter-Service Intelligence (ISI) agents are helping al Qaida, the Taliban, and other extremists poses a real threat to Pakistan. What are these “dangerous American objectives”? “The propaganda on the existence of terrorists, particularly al Qaida and the Taliban, on Pakistani land, and baseless allegations against ISI is the conspiracy through which America desires to have access to Pakistan’s nuclear weapons.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week