merica has launched an “evil campaign” to destabilize Pakistan, said Pakistan’s Ausaf in an editorial (via Watching America). Its “baseless” insistence that our Inter-Service Intelligence (ISI) agents are helping al Qaida, the Taliban, and other extremists poses a real threat to Pakistan. What are these “dangerous American objectives”? “The propaganda on the existence of terrorists, particularly al Qaida and the Taliban, on Pakistani land, and baseless allegations against ISI is the conspiracy through which America desires to have access to Pakistan’s nuclear weapons.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week