od Blagojevich “couldn't survive an impeachment trial,” said Stacy St. Clair in the Chicago Tribune, but maybe he’ll have better luck in an environment “where scheming is more than allowed—it's encouraged.” The former Illinois Governor has reportedly agreed to appear on NBC’s I’m a Celebrity … Get Me Out of Here,” a Survivor-type reality show where Blogojevich and other “Z-list celebrities” will be dropped into the middle of the Costa Rican jungle and forced to compete for prizes. (watch the AP report about Blagojevich’s reality show offer)
Blagojevich just “wants to do what all penny-ante new-found-celebrity celebrities want to do—cash in,” said Verne Gay in Newsday. And he’ll reportedly get paid $60,000, which he could probably use after all his legal troubles. But this isn’t a sure thing yet: Blagojevich would need permission to travel outside the country from U.S. District Judge James Zagel.
Let’s hope he gets it, said Kate Ward in Entertainment Weekly. Appearing on I’m a Celebrity “might be a step down for Blago's résumé,” but it would probably be “an epic win for NBC.” And sure, watching the former Governor run around the jungle with a bunch of “has-beens” might be a little “unsettling,” but it would make for entertaining television.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 10 things you need to know today: April 18, 2014
Subscribe to the Week