Sasha and Malia Obama finally got their White House puppy this week, when the First Family adopted a 6-month-old Portuguese water dog. The girls named the dog Bo. Although President Obama had initially expressed interest in rescuing a shelter dog, Bo is a purebred selected for his hypoallergenic coat. Sen. Edward Kennedy’s wife, Victoria, presented the dog as a gift. To appease those clamoring for a shelter dog, the Obamas said they would make a donation to the D.C. Humane Society.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 10 things you need to know today: September 18, 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
Subscribe to the Week