A New Jersey businessman filed for divorce last week claiming that his wife “has committed adultery with one Bruce Springsteen at various times and places too numerous to mention.” Ann Kelly belongs to the same gym as Springsteen, but her attorney called Arthur Kelly’s claims “baseless allegations of a jealous man.” On his website, Springsteen referred readers to a statement he made in 2006, the last time a newspaper reported that he’d cheated on his wife, Patty Scialfa. At the time he dismissed the reports as “ugly and unfounded.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- Congress' craven approach toward the war on ISIS
- The fascinating political evolution of Paul Ryan
Subscribe to the Week