A New Jersey businessman filed for divorce last week claiming that his wife “has committed adultery with one Bruce Springsteen at various times and places too numerous to mention.” Ann Kelly belongs to the same gym as Springsteen, but her attorney called Arthur Kelly’s claims “baseless allegations of a jealous man.” On his website, Springsteen referred readers to a statement he made in 2006, the last time a newspaper reported that he’d cheated on his wife, Patty Scialfa. At the time he dismissed the reports as “ugly and unfounded.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Briefing: Offshore drilling and the environment
Subscribe to the Week