The Boxmasters, a rock band fronted by actor Billy Bob Thornton, canceled its tour of Canada after Thornton called Canadian audiences “very reserved” and compared them to “mashed potatoes but no gravy.” After he made those comments during a radio interview, Thornton was heavily booed before a Toronto concert, with one audience member shouting, “Here comes the gravy.” Afterward, the band said it was suspending its tour because one member had the flu.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
Subscribe to the Week