The Boxmasters, a rock band fronted by actor Billy Bob Thornton, canceled its tour of Canada after Thornton called Canadian audiences “very reserved” and compared them to “mashed potatoes but no gravy.” After he made those comments during a radio interview, Thornton was heavily booed before a Toronto concert, with one audience member shouting, “Here comes the gravy.” Afterward, the band said it was suspending its tour because one member had the flu.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- The constant struggle of running a family farm in 21st century America
Subscribe to the Week