The Boxmasters, a rock band fronted by actor Billy Bob Thornton, canceled its tour of Canada after Thornton called Canadian audiences “very reserved” and compared them to “mashed potatoes but no gravy.” After he made those comments during a radio interview, Thornton was heavily booed before a Toronto concert, with one audience member shouting, “Here comes the gravy.” Afterward, the band said it was suspending its tour because one member had the flu.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- How to make corn dogs
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
Subscribe to the Week