The Boxmasters, a rock band fronted by actor Billy Bob Thornton, canceled its tour of Canada after Thornton called Canadian audiences “very reserved” and compared them to “mashed potatoes but no gravy.” After he made those comments during a radio interview, Thornton was heavily booed before a Toronto concert, with one audience member shouting, “Here comes the gravy.” Afterward, the band said it was suspending its tour because one member had the flu.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 10 things you need to know today: July 25, 2014
Subscribe to the Week