The Boxmasters, a rock band fronted by actor Billy Bob Thornton, canceled its tour of Canada after Thornton called Canadian audiences “very reserved” and compared them to “mashed potatoes but no gravy.” After he made those comments during a radio interview, Thornton was heavily booed before a Toronto concert, with one audience member shouting, “Here comes the gravy.” Afterward, the band said it was suspending its tour because one member had the flu.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week