“Hell hath no fury like a cheerleader scorned,” said Rick Chandler in Deadspin. Girls who were recently cut from the cheerleading squad at Casa Roble High School in Orangevale, Calif., got “revenge” on their coach, 20-year-old Carlie Becker, by “exposing her Playboy modeling activities,” under the name Carlie Christine, to school authorities, who promptly fired her.
“It's no wonder Casa Roble High School fired” Carlie Christine, said Jack Ryan in The Post Chronicle, as she “left little to imagination” in her Playboy photos. It’s easy to understand why school officials found Christine to be an unsuitable role model for teenage girls.
And apparently the school’s “entire football team had viewed the layout,” said Tom Weir in USA Today. But on a lighter note, had Carlie Christine not been fired, “it might have been very interesting to see what kind of routines were in store for the spirit squad at Casa Roble High.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week