orothy Chandler Pavilion
Los Angeles, (213) 972-8001
Part two of the L.A. Opera’s ambitious take on Wagner’s Ring Cycle represents another step toward creating a production for the ages, said the Los Angeles Times. “Everyone will be talking about the Domingo miracle”—68-year-old company director and celebrated tenor Plácido Domingo’s triumphant return to the stage in the role of Siegmund.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 10 things you need to know today: April 23, 2014
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why Mindy Kaling — not Lena Dunham — is the body positive icon of the moment
Subscribe to the Week