Lone Star golf
Through April 30, rooms at the 7,000-acre Horseshoe Bay Resort in central Texas’ Hill Country are going for $170 per night. Cost includes unlimited golf at any of the resort’s three courses and club rentals.
Throughout April, Icelandair is offering travelers round-trip flights to Reykjavik from Boston, New York’s JFK, or Minneapolis, plus two nights’ lodging at a three-star Fosshotel, for $679 per person.
For stays through April, Kimpton Hotels will pay visitors’ room tax. Guests will also receive tax-free dining at an adjacent Kimpton’s restaurant, an extended 2 p.m. checkout time, and a bag of candy.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 10 things you need to know today: August 27, 2014
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- In defense of Obama's golfing
- How Hillary Clinton's 'smart power' turned Libya into a dumpster fire
- Russia's new air force is a mystery
Subscribe to the Week