Lone Star golf
Through April 30, rooms at the 7,000-acre Horseshoe Bay Resort in central Texas’ Hill Country are going for $170 per night. Cost includes unlimited golf at any of the resort’s three courses and club rentals.
Throughout April, Icelandair is offering travelers round-trip flights to Reykjavik from Boston, New York’s JFK, or Minneapolis, plus two nights’ lodging at a three-star Fosshotel, for $679 per person.
For stays through April, Kimpton Hotels will pay visitors’ room tax. Guests will also receive tax-free dining at an adjacent Kimpton’s restaurant, an extended 2 p.m. checkout time, and a bag of candy.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why America needs more billionaires
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
Subscribe to the Week