Lone Star golf
Through April 30, rooms at the 7,000-acre Horseshoe Bay Resort in central Texas’ Hill Country are going for $170 per night. Cost includes unlimited golf at any of the resort’s three courses and club rentals.
Throughout April, Icelandair is offering travelers round-trip flights to Reykjavik from Boston, New York’s JFK, or Minneapolis, plus two nights’ lodging at a three-star Fosshotel, for $679 per person.
For stays through April, Kimpton Hotels will pay visitors’ room tax. Guests will also receive tax-free dining at an adjacent Kimpton’s restaurant, an extended 2 p.m. checkout time, and a bag of candy.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 11 facts yü should know about the umlaut
Subscribe to the Week