Lone Star golf
Through April 30, rooms at the 7,000-acre Horseshoe Bay Resort in central Texas’ Hill Country are going for $170 per night. Cost includes unlimited golf at any of the resort’s three courses and club rentals.
Throughout April, Icelandair is offering travelers round-trip flights to Reykjavik from Boston, New York’s JFK, or Minneapolis, plus two nights’ lodging at a three-star Fosshotel, for $679 per person.
For stays through April, Kimpton Hotels will pay visitors’ room tax. Guests will also receive tax-free dining at an adjacent Kimpton’s restaurant, an extended 2 p.m. checkout time, and a bag of candy.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
Subscribe to the Week