Results: 3…2…1…Mouth off! In light of preparations being made for a possible 105 day manned mission to Mars (for which actual volunteers are holing up in a tiny capsule here on earth to see what transpires), we asked you to predict the three people who SHOULD be locked up in a capsule for that long to truly test the limits of human endurance. And thus we heard probably every possible combination and recombination of: Hillary, Monica, Bill (often together), Rush, Rahm, Trump, Bush (either one), Glenn Beck, Michael Moore, Jesse Jackson, Howard Stern, Sean Penn, Nancy Pelosi (surprisingly popular in this context), Simon Cowell, Joan Rivers, Tom Cruise, Al Sharpton and Bill O’Reilly, plus Rosie O’Donnell and Osama bin Laden (who just about tied). This is not to mention threesomes featuring one or more of the following: Richard Simmons, Gilbert Gottfried, a Navy Seal, Dick Cheney, Barbra Streisand, Judge Judy and what do you know? Nancy Pelosi again.
FIRST PRIZE: Ann Coulter and Keith Olbermann. The third person doesn’t matter because he would hang himself ten minutes after the doors closed.
Marci Morin, Denver, CO
SECOND PRIZE: Sarah Palin, Levi Johnston and a wolf.
Miles Klein, Frisco, TX
THIRD PRIZE: Bernie Madoff and two of his former clients.
James Lister Smith, Mill Valley, CA
President Obama, the Head of AIG and Joe the Plumber.
Marc Pape, Phoenix, AZ
Norm Coleman, Al Franken and someone from Minnesota who didn’t vote.
Dorothy M. Wagner, Dover, NH
Ann Coulter, Queen Elizabeth and Larry the Cable Guy
Leslie Rush, El Paso, TX
Three 7th grade girls who like the same boy.
Bill Lewis, Marietta, GA
Jennifer Aniston, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.
Liz Paterson, Cerrillos, NM
Me and my in-laws.
Nannette Halliwell, York, PA (the first of several similar responses)
A barbershop quartet missing the tenor.
Arden L. Thorsbakken, Eau Claire, WI
Rosie O’Donnell, Joy Behar and Elizabeth Hasselbeck. Oh wait…
Stella Ferguson, Whiting, NJ
Curly, Moe & Larry.
Sher Smith, Santa Barbara, CA
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week