Squaremouth.com compares plans that insure against trip cancellation, interruption, and medical emergencies and lets users purchase them instantly online. All carriers are “handpicked” based on an “internal ratings system.”
Insuremytrip.com, another travel insurance “comparison site,” lets users shop around to find the best-priced and most reliable policies. A user can check “independent ratings” of more than 100 travel-insurance plans.
Tripinsurancestore.com offers side-by-side comparisons of travel insurance, as well as rental-car and flight life insurance. The site gives dissatisfied customers 100 percent refunds on their insurance plan up to 10 days after purchase.
Source: The Wall Street Journal
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
Subscribe to the Week