Squaremouth.com compares plans that insure against trip cancellation, interruption, and medical emergencies and lets users purchase them instantly online. All carriers are “handpicked” based on an “internal ratings system.”
Insuremytrip.com, another travel insurance “comparison site,” lets users shop around to find the best-priced and most reliable policies. A user can check “independent ratings” of more than 100 travel-insurance plans.
Tripinsurancestore.com offers side-by-side comparisons of travel insurance, as well as rental-car and flight life insurance. The site gives dissatisfied customers 100 percent refunds on their insurance plan up to 10 days after purchase.
Source: The Wall Street Journal
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
Subscribe to the Week