Squaremouth.com compares plans that insure against trip cancellation, interruption, and medical emergencies and lets users purchase them instantly online. All carriers are “handpicked” based on an “internal ratings system.”
Insuremytrip.com, another travel insurance “comparison site,” lets users shop around to find the best-priced and most reliable policies. A user can check “independent ratings” of more than 100 travel-insurance plans.
Tripinsurancestore.com offers side-by-side comparisons of travel insurance, as well as rental-car and flight life insurance. The site gives dissatisfied customers 100 percent refunds on their insurance plan up to 10 days after purchase.
Source: The Wall Street Journal
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- Why insects are the future of food
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- The myth of the stay-at-home dad
Subscribe to the Week