quaremouth.com compares plans that insure against trip cancellation, interruption, and medical emergencies and lets users purchase them instantly online. All carriers are “handpicked” based on an “internal ratings system.”
Insuremytrip.com, another travel insurance “comparison site,” lets users shop around to find the best-priced and most reliable policies. A user can check “independent ratings” of more than 100 travel-insurance plans.
Tripinsurancestore.com offers side-by-side comparisons of travel insurance, as well as rental-car and flight life insurance. The site gives dissatisfied customers 100 percent refunds on their insurance plan up to 10 days after purchase.
Source: The Wall Street Journal
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- 10 things you need to know today: March 7, 2014
- The end of academic freedom?
- 4 life hacks from ancient philosophers that will make you happier
Subscribe to the Week