Squaremouth.com compares plans that insure against trip cancellation, interruption, and medical emergencies and lets users purchase them instantly online. All carriers are “handpicked” based on an “internal ratings system.”
Insuremytrip.com, another travel insurance “comparison site,” lets users shop around to find the best-priced and most reliable policies. A user can check “independent ratings” of more than 100 travel-insurance plans.
Tripinsurancestore.com offers side-by-side comparisons of travel insurance, as well as rental-car and flight life insurance. The site gives dissatisfied customers 100 percent refunds on their insurance plan up to 10 days after purchase.
Source: The Wall Street Journal
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to live a long life, according to science
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week