The economic downturn has some searching for “a greener and cheaper alternative to the dread McMansion.” Prospective converts to the “Small House Movement” will embrace the XS-House, a “ready-made,” 65-square-foot home. Tumbleweed Tiny House Co. makes diminutive domiciles of all sorts, but this is “its teensiest model.”
Price: $37,000; Contact: Tumbleweedhouses.com
Source: The Economist
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
Subscribe to the Week