he economic downturn has some searching for “a greener and cheaper alternative to the dread McMansion.” Prospective converts to the “Small House Movement” will embrace the XS-House, a “ready-made,” 65-square-foot home. Tumbleweed Tiny House Co. makes diminutive domiciles of all sorts, but this is “its teensiest model.”
Price: $37,000; Contact: Tumbleweedhouses.com
Source: The Economist
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- The Black Death is back
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Millennial women have seriously narrowed the wage gap with men
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
Subscribe to the Week