The economic downturn has some searching for “a greener and cheaper alternative to the dread McMansion.” Prospective converts to the “Small House Movement” will embrace the XS-House, a “ready-made,” 65-square-foot home. Tumbleweed Tiny House Co. makes diminutive domiciles of all sorts, but this is “its teensiest model.”
Price: $37,000; Contact: Tumbleweedhouses.com
Source: The Economist
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
Subscribe to the Week