The economic downturn has some searching for “a greener and cheaper alternative to the dread McMansion.” Prospective converts to the “Small House Movement” will embrace the XS-House, a “ready-made,” 65-square-foot home. Tumbleweed Tiny House Co. makes diminutive domiciles of all sorts, but this is “its teensiest model.”
Price: $37,000; Contact: Tumbleweedhouses.com
Source: The Economist
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week