he economic downturn has some searching for “a greener and cheaper alternative to the dread McMansion.” Prospective converts to the “Small House Movement” will embrace the XS-House, a “ready-made,” 65-square-foot home. Tumbleweed Tiny House Co. makes diminutive domiciles of all sorts, but this is “its teensiest model.”
Price: $37,000; Contact: Tumbleweedhouses.com
Source: The Economist
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
Subscribe to the Week