“Miss USA runner-up Carrie Prejean is set to make headlines with something other than her anti–gay marriage comments,” said Radar Online. Prejean’s grandmother, Jeanette Coppolla, says her granddaughter is “casually dating Olympian Michael Phelps.” But apparently, the 21-year-old is “fully aware of Phelps’ lothario reputation and is taking the flirtation with the swimmer in stride.”
So let’s get this straight, said Pop Crunch. Miss California Carrie Prejean, “the conservative Christian who condemned gay marriage,” might be dating “confessed reefer smoker Michael Phelps.” For some reason, “dating someone who was publicly outed breaking the law just doesn’t strike us as very Christ-like, Carrie.”
Let’s not be so quick to judge, said Chattah Box. Michael Phelps has not even commented on this yet. And “as far as we know he is still dating Caroline ‘Caz’ Pal, his girlfriend of over a year.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Captain America won over China
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
Subscribe to the Week