“Miss USA runner-up Carrie Prejean is set to make headlines with something other than her anti–gay marriage comments,” said Radar Online. Prejean’s grandmother, Jeanette Coppolla, says her granddaughter is “casually dating Olympian Michael Phelps.” But apparently, the 21-year-old is “fully aware of Phelps’ lothario reputation and is taking the flirtation with the swimmer in stride.”
So let’s get this straight, said Pop Crunch. Miss California Carrie Prejean, “the conservative Christian who condemned gay marriage,” might be dating “confessed reefer smoker Michael Phelps.” For some reason, “dating someone who was publicly outed breaking the law just doesn’t strike us as very Christ-like, Carrie.”
Let’s not be so quick to judge, said Chattah Box. Michael Phelps has not even commented on this yet. And “as far as we know he is still dating Caroline ‘Caz’ Pal, his girlfriend of over a year.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ban PowerPoint!
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
Subscribe to the Week