“Miss USA runner-up Carrie Prejean is set to make headlines with something other than her anti–gay marriage comments,” said Radar Online. Prejean’s grandmother, Jeanette Coppolla, says her granddaughter is “casually dating Olympian Michael Phelps.” But apparently, the 21-year-old is “fully aware of Phelps’ lothario reputation and is taking the flirtation with the swimmer in stride.”
So let’s get this straight, said Pop Crunch. Miss California Carrie Prejean, “the conservative Christian who condemned gay marriage,” might be dating “confessed reefer smoker Michael Phelps.” For some reason, “dating someone who was publicly outed breaking the law just doesn’t strike us as very Christ-like, Carrie.”
Let’s not be so quick to judge, said Chattah Box. Michael Phelps has not even commented on this yet. And “as far as we know he is still dating Caroline ‘Caz’ Pal, his girlfriend of over a year.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 4 life hacks from ancient philosophers that will make you happier
- The Daily Show explains Hamid Karzai's 'Afghan Hustle'
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The end of academic freedom?
- Another Bitcoin exchange bites the dust
- Mitt Romney, 2016 frontrunner*
Subscribe to the Week