“Miss USA runner-up Carrie Prejean is set to make headlines with something other than her anti–gay marriage comments,” said Radar Online. Prejean’s grandmother, Jeanette Coppolla, says her granddaughter is “casually dating Olympian Michael Phelps.” But apparently, the 21-year-old is “fully aware of Phelps’ lothario reputation and is taking the flirtation with the swimmer in stride.”
So let’s get this straight, said Pop Crunch. Miss California Carrie Prejean, “the conservative Christian who condemned gay marriage,” might be dating “confessed reefer smoker Michael Phelps.” For some reason, “dating someone who was publicly outed breaking the law just doesn’t strike us as very Christ-like, Carrie.”
Let’s not be so quick to judge, said Chattah Box. Michael Phelps has not even commented on this yet. And “as far as we know he is still dating Caroline ‘Caz’ Pal, his girlfriend of over a year.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- 10 things you need to know today: August 29, 2014
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
Subscribe to the Week