“Miss USA runner-up Carrie Prejean is set to make headlines with something other than her anti–gay marriage comments,” said Radar Online. Prejean’s grandmother, Jeanette Coppolla, says her granddaughter is “casually dating Olympian Michael Phelps.” But apparently, the 21-year-old is “fully aware of Phelps’ lothario reputation and is taking the flirtation with the swimmer in stride.”
So let’s get this straight, said Pop Crunch. Miss California Carrie Prejean, “the conservative Christian who condemned gay marriage,” might be dating “confessed reefer smoker Michael Phelps.” For some reason, “dating someone who was publicly outed breaking the law just doesn’t strike us as very Christ-like, Carrie.”
Let’s not be so quick to judge, said Chattah Box. Michael Phelps has not even commented on this yet. And “as far as we know he is still dating Caroline ‘Caz’ Pal, his girlfriend of over a year.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Surviving a plane crash
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Lauren Bacall's remarkably honest account of Humphrey Bogart's death
Subscribe to the Week