shton Kutcher last week narrowly beat CNN in a race to be the first Twitter user to amass 1 million followers. Kutcher, an actor and producer who sends short messages under the handle @aplusk, challenged @cnnbrk to the duel, promising to donate 10,000 mosquito-net beds to an anti-malaria charity if he won. CNN had reached 998,239 followers when Kutcher crossed the finish line. “We now live in an age in media when a single voice can have as much power and relevance as an entire media network,” said Kutcher.
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- The last racial taboo
- 10 things you need to know today: December 11, 2013
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Watch The Daily Show roll its eyes at outrage over Obama's handshake with Raul Castro
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- 7 enduring lessons from It's a Wonderful Life
Subscribe to the Week