shton Kutcher last week narrowly beat CNN in a race to be the first Twitter user to amass 1 million followers. Kutcher, an actor and producer who sends short messages under the handle @aplusk, challenged @cnnbrk to the duel, promising to donate 10,000 mosquito-net beds to an anti-malaria charity if he won. CNN had reached 998,239 followers when Kutcher crossed the finish line. “We now live in an age in media when a single voice can have as much power and relevance as an entire media network,” said Kutcher.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- The case for killing law school
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: No matter what, broadcasters lose
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
- 10 things you need to know today: April 21, 2014
- Putin's risky bet in eastern Ukraine
Subscribe to the Week