Ashton Kutcher last week narrowly beat CNN in a race to be the first Twitter user to amass 1 million followers. Kutcher, an actor and producer who sends short messages under the handle @aplusk, challenged @cnnbrk to the duel, promising to donate 10,000 mosquito-net beds to an anti-malaria charity if he won. CNN had reached 998,239 followers when Kutcher crossed the finish line. “We now live in an age in media when a single voice can have as much power and relevance as an entire media network,” said Kutcher.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- On immigration, Obama is flirting with tyranny
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hillary Clinton needs to win big in 2016. Here's how she can do it.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: November 20, 2014
- How neuroscience can help us understand political partisanship
- An ode to the great American road trip
Subscribe to the Week