Ashton Kutcher last week narrowly beat CNN in a race to be the first Twitter user to amass 1 million followers. Kutcher, an actor and producer who sends short messages under the handle @aplusk, challenged @cnnbrk to the duel, promising to donate 10,000 mosquito-net beds to an anti-malaria charity if he won. CNN had reached 998,239 followers when Kutcher crossed the finish line. “We now live in an age in media when a single voice can have as much power and relevance as an entire media network,” said Kutcher.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- A scientific fact-check of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
Subscribe to the Week