Florida woman required several stitches after being nailed in the head last week by a golf ball hit by Bill Murray. Gayle DiMaggio was watching a celebrity golf tournament from her backyard near the course when Murray’s wayward shot knocked her to the ground. “He came over and laid on the ground with me and was very concerned,” said DiMaggio. “Once he knew I was okay and not seriously hurt, then he started joking with me, asking how many fingers he was holding up.” Murray sent DiMaggio a signed copy of his golf comedy Caddyshack. Teeing off the following day, he announced, “This one is for a little girl in a hospital.”
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Did Paul Ryan just throw in the towel on 2016?
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
- How the Great Recession has changed the way we shop — even during the holidays
Subscribe to the Week