A Florida woman required several stitches after being nailed in the head last week by a golf ball hit by Bill Murray. Gayle DiMaggio was watching a celebrity golf tournament from her backyard near the course when Murray’s wayward shot knocked her to the ground. “He came over and laid on the ground with me and was very concerned,” said DiMaggio. “Once he knew I was okay and not seriously hurt, then he started joking with me, asking how many fingers he was holding up.” Murray sent DiMaggio a signed copy of his golf comedy Caddyshack. Teeing off the following day, he announced, “This one is for a little girl in a hospital.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
Subscribe to the Week