A Florida woman required several stitches after being nailed in the head last week by a golf ball hit by Bill Murray. Gayle DiMaggio was watching a celebrity golf tournament from her backyard near the course when Murray’s wayward shot knocked her to the ground. “He came over and laid on the ground with me and was very concerned,” said DiMaggio. “Once he knew I was okay and not seriously hurt, then he started joking with me, asking how many fingers he was holding up.” Murray sent DiMaggio a signed copy of his golf comedy Caddyshack. Teeing off the following day, he announced, “This one is for a little girl in a hospital.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- Why we gossip, according to science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week