A Florida woman required several stitches after being nailed in the head last week by a golf ball hit by Bill Murray. Gayle DiMaggio was watching a celebrity golf tournament from her backyard near the course when Murray’s wayward shot knocked her to the ground. “He came over and laid on the ground with me and was very concerned,” said DiMaggio. “Once he knew I was okay and not seriously hurt, then he started joking with me, asking how many fingers he was holding up.” Murray sent DiMaggio a signed copy of his golf comedy Caddyshack. Teeing off the following day, he announced, “This one is for a little girl in a hospital.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week