A Florida woman required several stitches after being nailed in the head last week by a golf ball hit by Bill Murray. Gayle DiMaggio was watching a celebrity golf tournament from her backyard near the course when Murray’s wayward shot knocked her to the ground. “He came over and laid on the ground with me and was very concerned,” said DiMaggio. “Once he knew I was okay and not seriously hurt, then he started joking with me, asking how many fingers he was holding up.” Murray sent DiMaggio a signed copy of his golf comedy Caddyshack. Teeing off the following day, he announced, “This one is for a little girl in a hospital.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- 3 key insights about Obama from Chuck Todd's The Stranger
Subscribe to the Week