Madonna suffered minor injuries last week after being thrown from a horse at a friend’s Hamptons, N.Y., estate. The 50-year-old singer blamed the accident on paparazzi who “jumped out of the bushes” and spooked her horse. But the only photographer on the scene said, “I arrived more than 10 minutes after she fell, and I was shooting from the street.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- How names influence our destinies
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- How to be funny: the 6 essential ingredients to humor
Subscribe to the Week