Madonna suffered minor injuries last week after being thrown from a horse at a friend’s Hamptons, N.Y., estate. The 50-year-old singer blamed the accident on paparazzi who “jumped out of the bushes” and spooked her horse. But the only photographer on the scene said, “I arrived more than 10 minutes after she fell, and I was shooting from the street.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
Subscribe to the Week