Madonna suffered minor injuries last week after being thrown from a horse at a friend’s Hamptons, N.Y., estate. The 50-year-old singer blamed the accident on paparazzi who “jumped out of the bushes” and spooked her horse. But the only photographer on the scene said, “I arrived more than 10 minutes after she fell, and I was shooting from the street.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
Subscribe to the Week