51% of Americans have a favorable or very favorable view of the “tea parties” that were held around the nation last week to protest Obama administration taxation and other policies. 33% hold a negative view of the tea parties, while 15% are not sure.
For the first time this decade, a majority of non-retired Americans, 52%, doubt they will have enough money to live comfortably when they stop working.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- America's most surprising banned books
- 11 weeknight dinners you can make without a recipe
- 10 things you need to know today: September 21, 2014
Subscribe to the Week