ock ’n’ roll may never die, but Hollywood’s famed “Riot Hyatt” has been put to rest, said Beverly Beyette in the Los Angeles Times. Gone are the days when Keith Richards hurled TVs out the “floor-to-ceiling” windows. After a $48 million makeover, the “storied 257-room” establishment has been transformed into the Andaz West Hollywood, an airy, tasteful hotel on the Sunset Strip, featuring Frette linens, a wine gallery, and a rooftop pool with “amazing views” of the city and the Hollywood Hills. The party might be over, but night owls can still enjoy 24-hour room service and a fitness center.
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
Did God have a wife?
- The 13-year-old CEO who invented a cure for hiccups
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- The 2014 World Cup draw: Team U.S.A. is screwed
- Ryan Seacrest invested $1 million to transform your iPhone into a BlackBerry
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: The world's front pages
Subscribe to the Week