ock ’n’ roll may never die, but Hollywood’s famed “Riot Hyatt” has been put to rest, said Beverly Beyette in the Los Angeles Times. Gone are the days when Keith Richards hurled TVs out the “floor-to-ceiling” windows. After a $48 million makeover, the “storied 257-room” establishment has been transformed into the Andaz West Hollywood, an airy, tasteful hotel on the Sunset Strip, featuring Frette linens, a wine gallery, and a rooftop pool with “amazing views” of the city and the Hollywood Hills. The party might be over, but night owls can still enjoy 24-hour room service and a fitness center.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- How to flirt, according to science
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- The Warren Buffett formula: How you can get smarter
- Here's how to really detect lies
Subscribe to the Week