t’s a parents’ dream come true: A way to lower your kids’ car insurance and have a legitimate excuse to spy on their driving activities. The DriveCam records what’s going on inside and outside a car, and also tracks speed, swerving, and hard braking to assess a driver’s “safety skills.” In exchange for that data, some insurance companies will actually pick up the service fee.
Price: $900 per year; Contact: DriveCam.com
Source: The Wall Street Journal
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- How Captain America won over China
- 3 ways elephants and neuroscience can help you make better decisions
Subscribe to the Week