It’s a parents’ dream come true: A way to lower your kids’ car insurance and have a legitimate excuse to spy on their driving activities. The DriveCam records what’s going on inside and outside a car, and also tracks speed, swerving, and hard braking to assess a driver’s “safety skills.” In exchange for that data, some insurance companies will actually pick up the service fee.
Price: $900 per year; Contact: DriveCam.com
Source: The Wall Street Journal
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- How to make classic pulled pork
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The main lesson of Argentina's debt nightmare
Subscribe to the Week