ood day for: Calling in sick, as people were evacuated from several buildings in New York City and Jersey City after a large jet flew low over Manhattan tailed by two jet fighters. The plane turned out to be an Air Force One look-alike flying by so Air Force photographers could take pictures. (The New York Times)
Bad day for: The peso, as the Mexican currency dropped sharply, along with Mexican stocks, as investors worried that a swine-flu outbreak would hurt the country’s already battered economy. (Marketwatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
Subscribe to the Week