President Obama had better watch out, said Canada’s Calgary Herald in an editorial. The “vaulting ignorance” of his Homeland Security secretary, Janet Napolitano, could do serious harm to Canada, and strangle U.S.-Canada cross-border trade. Napolitano has said that the terrorist threat from the Canadian border is worse than that from the Mexican one, “as if there were any real similarities” between Mexico and Canada! Worse “rubbish,” she wrongly stated that 9/11 terrorists entered the U.S. from Canada. Does she also believe that “Elvis lives, and flying saucers abduct housewives in Milwaukee”? If George W. Bush had tapped a dim bulb like Napolitano, people would have sneered that he was a “rube surrounded by more rubes.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Face it, ladies: We can't all be beautiful
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Are there too many good shows on television?
Subscribe to the Week