“Carla Bruni's steamy past could be coming back to haunt her,” said Eloise Parker in the New York Daily News. “Compromising photographs” of the French First Lady with her ex-lover Raphaël Enthoven have been reported stolen from a Paris apartment. These “X-rated images” could be sold for “hundreds of thousands of dollars on the black market,” and could easily “end up on the Internet.”
You think? said Right Celebrity. Nothing else in the apartment was stolen, so it seems pretty obvious that “the thieves were only after” the images, comprising hundreds of photos, videos, and computer files. It also makes you wonder if “a sex tape of some sort might be a part of the stolen collection of items.”
Maybe so, said Claudine Valy in Infos Jeunes. But “everybody has already seen Carla Bruni naked”—nude photos from her modeling days have been well circulated online—so it wouldn’t be that big of a deal. If there were nude photos of Angelina Jolie or Jessica Alba headed our way, now that would be worth getting excited about.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- Why cutting the government doesn't make it more efficient
Subscribe to the Week