OOD DAY FOR: Following the leader, after Microsoft reportedly entered talks with Verizon Wireless to develop a Windows branded touch-screen smart phone to take on Apple’s popular iPhone, which is only offered through AT&T in the U.S. The Microsoft project is code-named “Pink.” (MarketWatch)
BAD DAY FOR: AT&T, as Apple, too, is in talks with Verizon Wireless over the iPhone, and possibly another small touch-screen device. The exclusive AT&T deal—which is very lucrative for both companies—is believed to be up for renewal next year, and analysts say Apple has the upper hand in picking which of the top two U.S. wireless carriers it wants to offer the iPhone through. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
Subscribe to the Week