GOOD DAY FOR: Following the leader, after Microsoft reportedly entered talks with Verizon Wireless to develop a Windows branded touch-screen smart phone to take on Apple’s popular iPhone, which is only offered through AT&T in the U.S. The Microsoft project is code-named “Pink.” (MarketWatch)
BAD DAY FOR: AT&T, as Apple, too, is in talks with Verizon Wireless over the iPhone, and possibly another small touch-screen device. The exclusive AT&T deal—which is very lucrative for both companies—is believed to be up for renewal next year, and analysts say Apple has the upper hand in picking which of the top two U.S. wireless carriers it wants to offer the iPhone through. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
Subscribe to the Week