GOOD DAY FOR: Following the leader, after Microsoft reportedly entered talks with Verizon Wireless to develop a Windows branded touch-screen smart phone to take on Apple’s popular iPhone, which is only offered through AT&T in the U.S. The Microsoft project is code-named “Pink.” (MarketWatch)
BAD DAY FOR: AT&T, as Apple, too, is in talks with Verizon Wireless over the iPhone, and possibly another small touch-screen device. The exclusive AT&T deal—which is very lucrative for both companies—is believed to be up for renewal next year, and analysts say Apple has the upper hand in picking which of the top two U.S. wireless carriers it wants to offer the iPhone through. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
Subscribe to the Week