OOD DAY FOR: Following the leader, after Microsoft reportedly entered talks with Verizon Wireless to develop a Windows branded touch-screen smart phone to take on Apple’s popular iPhone, which is only offered through AT&T in the U.S. The Microsoft project is code-named “Pink.” (MarketWatch)
BAD DAY FOR: AT&T, as Apple, too, is in talks with Verizon Wireless over the iPhone, and possibly another small touch-screen device. The exclusive AT&T deal—which is very lucrative for both companies—is believed to be up for renewal next year, and analysts say Apple has the upper hand in picking which of the top two U.S. wireless carriers it wants to offer the iPhone through. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 10 things you need to know today: April 17, 2014
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
Subscribe to the Week