“If at first you don't succeed,” said Celebuzz, “file, file again.” Academy Award–winning actor Sean Penn has filed for a legal separation from his wife, Robin Wright Penn, “marking the second time the two have taken legal steps toward divorce the last few years.” This news isn’t too surprising: Over the past few months, Sean Penn “is rumored to have cozied up to Lindsay Lohan and Natalie Portman.”
But Sean Penn and Robin Wright Penn tossed their divorce papers last year and seemed “intent upon reconciling,” said FoxNews.com, “even attending the Oscars together in February.” Then again, “Penn raised eyebrows when he did not thank his wife and the mother of his two children in his acceptance speech.”
Whatever the reason for the separation, said Elizabeth Snead in the Los Angeles Times, “it's a sad note on this big year for” Sean Penn, who took home an Oscar for his lead role in Milk. Talk about going from a peak to a valley—this has to be tough.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Gamergate might be gaming sexism's Waterloo
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
Subscribe to the Week