“If at first you don't succeed,” said Celebuzz, “file, file again.” Academy Award–winning actor Sean Penn has filed for a legal separation from his wife, Robin Wright Penn, “marking the second time the two have taken legal steps toward divorce the last few years.” This news isn’t too surprising: Over the past few months, Sean Penn “is rumored to have cozied up to Lindsay Lohan and Natalie Portman.”
But Sean Penn and Robin Wright Penn tossed their divorce papers last year and seemed “intent upon reconciling,” said FoxNews.com, “even attending the Oscars together in February.” Then again, “Penn raised eyebrows when he did not thank his wife and the mother of his two children in his acceptance speech.”
Whatever the reason for the separation, said Elizabeth Snead in the Los Angeles Times, “it's a sad note on this big year for” Sean Penn, who took home an Oscar for his lead role in Milk. Talk about going from a peak to a valley—this has to be tough.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- In defense of Obama's golfing
- The world is on fire and neither Democrats or Republicans have a clue
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- A trick for better lunch sandwiches
- How Democrats might goad the GOP into shutting down the government
- How I became a borderline hoarder
Subscribe to the Week