“If at first you don't succeed,” said Celebuzz, “file, file again.” Academy Award–winning actor Sean Penn has filed for a legal separation from his wife, Robin Wright Penn, “marking the second time the two have taken legal steps toward divorce the last few years.” This news isn’t too surprising: Over the past few months, Sean Penn “is rumored to have cozied up to Lindsay Lohan and Natalie Portman.”
But Sean Penn and Robin Wright Penn tossed their divorce papers last year and seemed “intent upon reconciling,” said FoxNews.com, “even attending the Oscars together in February.” Then again, “Penn raised eyebrows when he did not thank his wife and the mother of his two children in his acceptance speech.”
Whatever the reason for the separation, said Elizabeth Snead in the Los Angeles Times, “it's a sad note on this big year for” Sean Penn, who took home an Oscar for his lead role in Milk. Talk about going from a peak to a valley—this has to be tough.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Attack of the invasive species
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week