“If at first you don't succeed,” said Celebuzz, “file, file again.” Academy Award–winning actor Sean Penn has filed for a legal separation from his wife, Robin Wright Penn, “marking the second time the two have taken legal steps toward divorce the last few years.” This news isn’t too surprising: Over the past few months, Sean Penn “is rumored to have cozied up to Lindsay Lohan and Natalie Portman.”
But Sean Penn and Robin Wright Penn tossed their divorce papers last year and seemed “intent upon reconciling,” said FoxNews.com, “even attending the Oscars together in February.” Then again, “Penn raised eyebrows when he did not thank his wife and the mother of his two children in his acceptance speech.”
Whatever the reason for the separation, said Elizabeth Snead in the Los Angeles Times, “it's a sad note on this big year for” Sean Penn, who took home an Oscar for his lead role in Milk. Talk about going from a peak to a valley—this has to be tough.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 10 things you need to know today: September 18, 2014
Subscribe to the Week