Rihanna last week asked the Los Angeles Police Department to return $1.4 million worth of jewelry it has been holding as evidence since the night she was allegedly beaten by her boyfriend, Chris Brown. According to a motion filed by her attorney, the police are holding various items made of “yellow metal” and “white stones,” most of which were lent to the pop star for promotional purposes. The motion says police can use photographs of the jewelry if the case goes to trial.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week