Rihanna last week asked the Los Angeles Police Department to return $1.4 million worth of jewelry it has been holding as evidence since the night she was allegedly beaten by her boyfriend, Chris Brown. According to a motion filed by her attorney, the police are holding various items made of “yellow metal” and “white stones,” most of which were lent to the pop star for promotional purposes. The motion says police can use photographs of the jewelry if the case goes to trial.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
Subscribe to the Week