Rihanna last week asked the Los Angeles Police Department to return $1.4 million worth of jewelry it has been holding as evidence since the night she was allegedly beaten by her boyfriend, Chris Brown. According to a motion filed by her attorney, the police are holding various items made of “yellow metal” and “white stones,” most of which were lent to the pop star for promotional purposes. The motion says police can use photographs of the jewelry if the case goes to trial.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week