Rihanna last week asked the Los Angeles Police Department to return $1.4 million worth of jewelry it has been holding as evidence since the night she was allegedly beaten by her boyfriend, Chris Brown. According to a motion filed by her attorney, the police are holding various items made of “yellow metal” and “white stones,” most of which were lent to the pop star for promotional purposes. The motion says police can use photographs of the jewelry if the case goes to trial.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
Subscribe to the Week