Rihanna last week asked the Los Angeles Police Department to return $1.4 million worth of jewelry it has been holding as evidence since the night she was allegedly beaten by her boyfriend, Chris Brown. According to a motion filed by her attorney, the police are holding various items made of “yellow metal” and “white stones,” most of which were lent to the pop star for promotional purposes. The motion says police can use photographs of the jewelry if the case goes to trial.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Game of Thrones is making a huge mistake by cutting Lady Stoneheart
Subscribe to the Week