Susan Boyle celebrated her newly minted celebrity last week with a head-to-toe makeover, said the London Daily Mail. The formerly frumpy singer, whose homely looks and spectacular vocal performance on Britain’s Got Talent became an Internet sensation, got her unkempt hair cut and styled, got her bushy eyebrows plucked, and traded in her dress for contemporary pants, a leather jacket, and a Burberry scarf. The show’s producers are “frantic,” a source told the newspaper.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- Why Halbig and the conservative war on ObamaCare will fail
Subscribe to the Week