usan Boyle celebrated her newly minted celebrity last week with a head-to-toe makeover, said the London Daily Mail. The formerly frumpy singer, whose homely looks and spectacular vocal performance on Britain’s Got Talent became an Internet sensation, got her unkempt hair cut and styled, got her bushy eyebrows plucked, and traded in her dress for contemporary pants, a leather jacket, and a Burberry scarf. The show’s producers are “frantic,” a source told the newspaper.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Captain America won over China
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
8 Facebook misfires that ruined lives
Subscribe to the Week