usan Boyle celebrated her newly minted celebrity last week with a head-to-toe makeover, said the London Daily Mail. The formerly frumpy singer, whose homely looks and spectacular vocal performance on Britain’s Got Talent became an Internet sensation, got her unkempt hair cut and styled, got her bushy eyebrows plucked, and traded in her dress for contemporary pants, a leather jacket, and a Burberry scarf. The show’s producers are “frantic,” a source told the newspaper.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
Subscribe to the Week