Susan Boyle celebrated her newly minted celebrity last week with a head-to-toe makeover, said the London Daily Mail. The formerly frumpy singer, whose homely looks and spectacular vocal performance on Britain’s Got Talent became an Internet sensation, got her unkempt hair cut and styled, got her bushy eyebrows plucked, and traded in her dress for contemporary pants, a leather jacket, and a Burberry scarf. The show’s producers are “frantic,” a source told the newspaper.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- How I lost all my money
Subscribe to the Week