Susan Boyle celebrated her newly minted celebrity last week with a head-to-toe makeover, said the London Daily Mail. The formerly frumpy singer, whose homely looks and spectacular vocal performance on Britain’s Got Talent became an Internet sensation, got her unkempt hair cut and styled, got her bushy eyebrows plucked, and traded in her dress for contemporary pants, a leather jacket, and a Burberry scarf. The show’s producers are “frantic,” a source told the newspaper.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 10 things you need to know today: November 21, 2014
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
Subscribe to the Week