Travelers to London can protect themselves from a fluctuating currency by locking in a fixed-dollar rate at the Metropolitan hotel overlooking Hyde Park. Rooms start at $199 per night, prepaid. Valid through Sept. 6. Contact: Metropolitan.como.bz
Italy for four
TourCrafters’ 12-day vacation to Italy for a family of four starts at $2,559. Includes rental car, four days in Florence, and seven days in the Tuscan countryside. Offer runs July 13 to Aug. 31.
Throughout 2009, writers with a published manuscript or proof of a work in progress get 25 percent off a two-night stay at New York’s Algonquin Hotel. Entertainment union members get 20 percent off at the bar. Contact: Algonquinhotel.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Are hedge funds doomed?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week