Travelers to London can protect themselves from a fluctuating currency by locking in a fixed-dollar rate at the Metropolitan hotel overlooking Hyde Park. Rooms start at $199 per night, prepaid. Valid through Sept. 6. Contact: Metropolitan.como.bz
Italy for four
TourCrafters’ 12-day vacation to Italy for a family of four starts at $2,559. Includes rental car, four days in Florence, and seven days in the Tuscan countryside. Offer runs July 13 to Aug. 31.
Throughout 2009, writers with a published manuscript or proof of a work in progress get 25 percent off a two-night stay at New York’s Algonquin Hotel. Entertainment union members get 20 percent off at the bar. Contact: Algonquinhotel.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
5 surprising facts about left-handed people
Subscribe to the Week