Travelers to London can protect themselves from a fluctuating currency by locking in a fixed-dollar rate at the Metropolitan hotel overlooking Hyde Park. Rooms start at $199 per night, prepaid. Valid through Sept. 6. Contact: Metropolitan.como.bz
Italy for four
TourCrafters’ 12-day vacation to Italy for a family of four starts at $2,559. Includes rental car, four days in Florence, and seven days in the Tuscan countryside. Offer runs July 13 to Aug. 31.
Throughout 2009, writers with a published manuscript or proof of a work in progress get 25 percent off a two-night stay at New York’s Algonquin Hotel. Entertainment union members get 20 percent off at the bar. Contact: Algonquinhotel.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- How Scott Brown is executing the perfect GOP Senate campaign
Subscribe to the Week