Travelers to London can protect themselves from a fluctuating currency by locking in a fixed-dollar rate at the Metropolitan hotel overlooking Hyde Park. Rooms start at $199 per night, prepaid. Valid through Sept. 6. Contact: Metropolitan.como.bz
Italy for four
TourCrafters’ 12-day vacation to Italy for a family of four starts at $2,559. Includes rental car, four days in Florence, and seven days in the Tuscan countryside. Offer runs July 13 to Aug. 31.
Throughout 2009, writers with a published manuscript or proof of a work in progress get 25 percent off a two-night stay at New York’s Algonquin Hotel. Entertainment union members get 20 percent off at the bar. Contact: Algonquinhotel.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- The real-life events that inspired Game of Thrones' Red Wedding
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
Subscribe to the Week