Travelers to London can protect themselves from a fluctuating currency by locking in a fixed-dollar rate at the Metropolitan hotel overlooking Hyde Park. Rooms start at $199 per night, prepaid. Valid through Sept. 6. Contact: Metropolitan.como.bz
Italy for four
TourCrafters’ 12-day vacation to Italy for a family of four starts at $2,559. Includes rental car, four days in Florence, and seven days in the Tuscan countryside. Offer runs July 13 to Aug. 31.
Throughout 2009, writers with a published manuscript or proof of a work in progress get 25 percent off a two-night stay at New York’s Algonquin Hotel. Entertainment union members get 20 percent off at the bar. Contact: Algonquinhotel.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Captain America won over China
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
Subscribe to the Week