51% of Americans favor an investigation into the Bush administration’s use of harsh interrogation techniques on terrorism suspects, while 42% are opposed. But 55% believe that in retrospect, the use of the harsh tactics was justified, while 36% say it was not.
42% of Americans now say same-sex couples should be allowed to legally marry, up nine points from just a month ago.
The New York Times/CBS News
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- The crusade against Iraq War supporters has forgotten someone: Hillary Clinton
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
Subscribe to the Week