51% of Americans favor an investigation into the Bush administration’s use of harsh interrogation techniques on terrorism suspects, while 42% are opposed. But 55% believe that in retrospect, the use of the harsh tactics was justified, while 36% say it was not.
42% of Americans now say same-sex couples should be allowed to legally marry, up nine points from just a month ago.
The New York Times/CBS News
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 10 things you need to know today: September 17, 2014
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
Subscribe to the Week