51% of Americans favor an investigation into the Bush administration’s use of harsh interrogation techniques on terrorism suspects, while 42% are opposed. But 55% believe that in retrospect, the use of the harsh tactics was justified, while 36% say it was not.
42% of Americans now say same-sex couples should be allowed to legally marry, up nine points from just a month ago.
The New York Times/CBS News
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
Subscribe to the Week