Jon and Kate Gosselin of TLC’s reality show Jon and Kate Plus 8 “may be heading for a divorce,” said The Inquistr. Earlier this year, Mr. Gosselin reportedly said he was getting divorced, and Us Magazine recently photographed him outside of a bar with a woman that wasn’t his wife. Happily married men don’t “party with other women at nightclubs into the early hours” of the morning—this can’t end well.
Look, Jon Gosselin “asserts it was a harmless encounter,” said Lisa Timmons in Socialite Life, and that the mystery woman he was spotted with was just a friend. And he recently told Extra, “What makes me sick is that my careless behavior has put my family in this uncomfortable position.” Whatever the encounter was about, he seems pretty remorseful.
“Jon and Kate will stay together," said Steve Penner in Seacoast Online, “but not because of their love for their kids or each other.” Jon and Kate Plus 8 is doing very well, so the couple will stick it out to “keep the money flowing in from their ever-popular show.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- A scientific fact-check of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
Subscribe to the Week