Jon and Kate Gosselin of TLC’s reality show Jon and Kate Plus 8 “may be heading for a divorce,” said The Inquistr. Earlier this year, Mr. Gosselin reportedly said he was getting divorced, and Us Magazine recently photographed him outside of a bar with a woman that wasn’t his wife. Happily married men don’t “party with other women at nightclubs into the early hours” of the morning—this can’t end well.
Look, Jon Gosselin “asserts it was a harmless encounter,” said Lisa Timmons in Socialite Life, and that the mystery woman he was spotted with was just a friend. And he recently told Extra, “What makes me sick is that my careless behavior has put my family in this uncomfortable position.” Whatever the encounter was about, he seems pretty remorseful.
“Jon and Kate will stay together," said Steve Penner in Seacoast Online, “but not because of their love for their kids or each other.” Jon and Kate Plus 8 is doing very well, so the couple will stick it out to “keep the money flowing in from their ever-popular show.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- The mechanized future of warfare
Subscribe to the Week