Jon and Kate Gosselin of TLC’s reality show Jon and Kate Plus 8 “may be heading for a divorce,” said The Inquistr. Earlier this year, Mr. Gosselin reportedly said he was getting divorced, and Us Magazine recently photographed him outside of a bar with a woman that wasn’t his wife. Happily married men don’t “party with other women at nightclubs into the early hours” of the morning—this can’t end well.
Look, Jon Gosselin “asserts it was a harmless encounter,” said Lisa Timmons in Socialite Life, and that the mystery woman he was spotted with was just a friend. And he recently told Extra, “What makes me sick is that my careless behavior has put my family in this uncomfortable position.” Whatever the encounter was about, he seems pretty remorseful.
“Jon and Kate will stay together," said Steve Penner in Seacoast Online, “but not because of their love for their kids or each other.” Jon and Kate Plus 8 is doing very well, so the couple will stick it out to “keep the money flowing in from their ever-popular show.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- How legalizing pot could save America's economy
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week