It looks like Jon Gosselin has been cheating on his wife after all, said Us Weekly. Since being photographed outside of a bar recently with Deanna Hummel, “five people close to the situation—including two relatives of the other woman—confirm that” the Jon & Kate Plus 8 star is having an affair with the third-grade teacher. (watch Us Weekly's alleged footage of Gosselin leaving Hummel's house)
That’s not what Hummel’s saying, said Liza Hamm in People. She claims that “she met Gosselin through a mutual pal a couple of months ago” and, although they have been spending some time together, it’s been “as part of a group of friends, not as a couple.” She swears “there's absolutely nothing romantic going on between her and the married reality star.”
Maybe, but “as allegations of marriage troubles for the parents on Jon & Kate Plus 8 are splashed across the tabloids,” said Jennifer Wilson-Speedy in the Toronto Star, “fans are starting to grow weary of the hen-pecked husband, his controlling wife, and their brood of twins and sextuplets.” And whether the “marriage drama” between Jon and Kate Gosselin is “real or not,” it’s “part of what's distancing fans from one of TLC's most popular shows.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Three major publications have acknowledged plagiarism by Fareed Zakaria. Does CNN have no shame?
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week