Sean Penn last week filed for legal separation from Robin Wright Penn after a failed attempt at a reconciliation. The couple began divorce proceedings in December 2007, but then reconciled a few months later. Penn is seeking joint custody of their two teenage children.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
Subscribe to the Week