Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani last week skipped the wedding ceremony of his ex-roommates, two gay men who put him up at their home during his divorce in 2001. “I danced at his wedding with [his wife] Judith [Nathan], and it would have been nice if he’d danced at mine, ” said Howard Koeppel, who married Mark Hsiao in Connecticut. Giuliani, who is reportedly considering running for New York governor, recently denounced a proposal to legalize gay marriage in that state. “He’s a Republican,’’ said Koeppel, “and he’s taking a Republican stand.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
Subscribe to the Week