Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani last week skipped the wedding ceremony of his ex-roommates, two gay men who put him up at their home during his divorce in 2001. “I danced at his wedding with [his wife] Judith [Nathan], and it would have been nice if he’d danced at mine, ” said Howard Koeppel, who married Mark Hsiao in Connecticut. Giuliani, who is reportedly considering running for New York governor, recently denounced a proposal to legalize gay marriage in that state. “He’s a Republican,’’ said Koeppel, “and he’s taking a Republican stand.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The girl who wouldn't die
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week