Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani last week skipped the wedding ceremony of his ex-roommates, two gay men who put him up at their home during his divorce in 2001. “I danced at his wedding with [his wife] Judith [Nathan], and it would have been nice if he’d danced at mine, ” said Howard Koeppel, who married Mark Hsiao in Connecticut. Giuliani, who is reportedly considering running for New York governor, recently denounced a proposal to legalize gay marriage in that state. “He’s a Republican,’’ said Koeppel, “and he’s taking a Republican stand.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- How The Killing survived two cancellations and ended on its own terms
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- With the world in flames, why is the economic recovery still going strong?
Subscribe to the Week