Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani last week skipped the wedding ceremony of his ex-roommates, two gay men who put him up at their home during his divorce in 2001. “I danced at his wedding with [his wife] Judith [Nathan], and it would have been nice if he’d danced at mine, ” said Howard Koeppel, who married Mark Hsiao in Connecticut. Giuliani, who is reportedly considering running for New York governor, recently denounced a proposal to legalize gay marriage in that state. “He’s a Republican,’’ said Koeppel, “and he’s taking a Republican stand.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week