Officials at the Miss California pageant acknowledged last week that they’d arranged for titleholder Carrie Prejean to get breast implants before her controversial appearance at the Miss USA pageant last month. Prejean, a rising star in conservative circles after her denunciation of gay marriage at the Miss USA pageant, did not have to pay for the implants. Pageant co-director Keith Lewis said the surgery was offered “to put her in the best possible confidence.” Prejean’s standing fell further this week when partially nude modeling photos of her surfaced on the Internet.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The girl who wouldn't die
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
Subscribe to the Week