fficials at the Miss California pageant acknowledged last week that they’d arranged for titleholder Carrie Prejean to get breast implants before her controversial appearance at the Miss USA pageant last month. Prejean, a rising star in conservative circles after her denunciation of gay marriage at the Miss USA pageant, did not have to pay for the implants. Pageant co-director Keith Lewis said the surgery was offered “to put her in the best possible confidence.” Prejean’s standing fell further this week when partially nude modeling photos of her surfaced on the Internet.
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- The secrets of happy families
- Battle in a blizzard
- Did God have a wife?
- Would you cuddle a stranger for $80 an hour?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Why Newt Gingrich is getting flak for defending Nelson Mandela
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
Subscribe to the Week