fficials at the Miss California pageant acknowledged last week that they’d arranged for titleholder Carrie Prejean to get breast implants before her controversial appearance at the Miss USA pageant last month. Prejean, a rising star in conservative circles after her denunciation of gay marriage at the Miss USA pageant, did not have to pay for the implants. Pageant co-director Keith Lewis said the surgery was offered “to put her in the best possible confidence.” Prejean’s standing fell further this week when partially nude modeling photos of her surfaced on the Internet.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
Subscribe to the Week