Officials at the Miss California pageant acknowledged last week that they’d arranged for titleholder Carrie Prejean to get breast implants before her controversial appearance at the Miss USA pageant last month. Prejean, a rising star in conservative circles after her denunciation of gay marriage at the Miss USA pageant, did not have to pay for the implants. Pageant co-director Keith Lewis said the surgery was offered “to put her in the best possible confidence.” Prejean’s standing fell further this week when partially nude modeling photos of her surfaced on the Internet.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
Subscribe to the Week