Wallmounted changing station
Compact and ergonomic, this birch plywood changing table “can be opened with one hand” and “eliminates the need to bend over uncomfortably.”
Price: $750; Contact: Ameico.com
Source: The New York Times
Nils Frederking’s ingenious folding table consists of “three articulated panels” and a chrome base, which both “collapse into a neat 3-1/4-inch-thick stack.”
Price: $2,720 (white); $2,975 (walnut); Contact: Ligne-roset-usa.com
Lean-on coat rack
Simply rest this clothing rack against any wall for an automatic closet.
Price: $352; Contact: www.Cascando.nl
Rolling Tray shelf unit
“Show off your favorite dishes, crystal, and linens,” and then roll them away when you don’t need them.
Price: $1,750; Contact: Designworkshop.us
Source: House Beautiful
This clever unit consolidates paper towels, plastic wrap, and wax paper into one sleek dispenser.
Price: $65; Contact:Uncommongoods.com
Source: New York
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Pope Francis' American problem
Subscribe to the Week