Wallmounted changing station
Compact and ergonomic, this birch plywood changing table “can be opened with one hand” and “eliminates the need to bend over uncomfortably.”
Price: $750; Contact: Ameico.com
Source: The New York Times
Nils Frederking’s ingenious folding table consists of “three articulated panels” and a chrome base, which both “collapse into a neat 3-1/4-inch-thick stack.”
Price: $2,720 (white); $2,975 (walnut); Contact: Ligne-roset-usa.com
Lean-on coat rack
Simply rest this clothing rack against any wall for an automatic closet.
Price: $352; Contact: www.Cascando.nl
Rolling Tray shelf unit
“Show off your favorite dishes, crystal, and linens,” and then roll them away when you don’t need them.
Price: $1,750; Contact: Designworkshop.us
Source: House Beautiful
This clever unit consolidates paper towels, plastic wrap, and wax paper into one sleek dispenser.
Price: $65; Contact:Uncommongoods.com
Source: New York
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: September 23, 2014
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
Subscribe to the Week