Wallmounted changing station
Compact and ergonomic, this birch plywood changing table “can be opened with one hand” and “eliminates the need to bend over uncomfortably.”
Price: $750; Contact: Ameico.com
Source: The New York Times
Nils Frederking’s ingenious folding table consists of “three articulated panels” and a chrome base, which both “collapse into a neat 3-1/4-inch-thick stack.”
Price: $2,720 (white); $2,975 (walnut); Contact: Ligne-roset-usa.com
Lean-on coat rack
Simply rest this clothing rack against any wall for an automatic closet.
Price: $352; Contact: www.Cascando.nl
Rolling Tray shelf unit
“Show off your favorite dishes, crystal, and linens,” and then roll them away when you don’t need them.
Price: $1,750; Contact: Designworkshop.us
Source: House Beautiful
This clever unit consolidates paper towels, plastic wrap, and wax paper into one sleek dispenser.
Price: $65; Contact:Uncommongoods.com
Source: New York
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- A trick for better lunch sandwiches
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The world is on fire and neither Democrats or Republicans have a clue
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
Subscribe to the Week