87% of U.S. voters are now somewhat or very concerned about the security of Pakistan’s nuclear weapons, in light of recent gains in that country by the Taliban.
54% of consumers from households with incomes above $500,000 say they feel “guilty” making luxury purchases in the current economic climate. Just 29% said they like being recognized as “wealthy,” down from 35% a year earlier.
Harrison Group/American Express Publishing
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 10 things you need to know today: November 27, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to deep fry a turkey
- How to stop Black Thursday — and still score that big screen
Subscribe to the Week