87% of U.S. voters are now somewhat or very concerned about the security of Pakistan’s nuclear weapons, in light of recent gains in that country by the Taliban.
54% of consumers from households with incomes above $500,000 say they feel “guilty” making luxury purchases in the current economic climate. Just 29% said they like being recognized as “wealthy,” down from 35% a year earlier.
Harrison Group/American Express Publishing
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- The real-life events that inspired Game of Thrones' Red Wedding
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
Subscribe to the Week