87% of U.S. voters are now somewhat or very concerned about the security of Pakistan’s nuclear weapons, in light of recent gains in that country by the Taliban.
54% of consumers from households with incomes above $500,000 say they feel “guilty” making luxury purchases in the current economic climate. Just 29% said they like being recognized as “wealthy,” down from 35% a year earlier.
Harrison Group/American Express Publishing
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' 'white Santa' claim
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How the budget deal could pave the way for immigration reform
- How John Boehner learned to stop worrying and hate the Tea Party
- 10 things you need to know today: December 13, 2013
- The Black Death is back
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- What one thing can determine whether or not you're successful in life?
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
Subscribe to the Week