87% of U.S. voters are now somewhat or very concerned about the security of Pakistan’s nuclear weapons, in light of recent gains in that country by the Taliban.
54% of consumers from households with incomes above $500,000 say they feel “guilty” making luxury purchases in the current economic climate. Just 29% said they like being recognized as “wealthy,” down from 35% a year earlier.
Harrison Group/American Express Publishing
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: September 16, 2014
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
Subscribe to the Week