ow did Carrie Prejean “cement” her views against gay marriage? said TMZ. It looks like her parent’s “ugly divorce” may have had something to do with it. Court documents reveal that Prejean’s mother accused the beauty queen’s dad, Will Prejean, of being a homosexual, and alleged that he told their daughters all men with mustaches were gay.
“To be fair,” said Celebuzz, “Prejean's mother noted that accusations of gayness were a two-way street”—Mr. Prejean questioned her sexuality, too. And in the court records, Prejean’s sister “provides a graphic retelling of a weekend visit to their father's apartment,” in which she claims to have seen his roommate in bed with another man. It’s “no wonder” Carrie Prejean “can't seem to get her head straight about same-sex marriage.”
Well, we interviewed Will Prejean, said Radar Online, and he denied the accusations and “said the family is very close now.” He also claimed “his children were brought up to believe that marriage is between a man and a woman,” and thinks his daughter is being unfairly attacked by those that are intolerant of her “right to voice her own opinions.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 10 things you need to know today: March 12, 2014
- Why is the 'mor' in 'Voldemort' so evil-sounding?
- True Detective's dangerous lies about satanic ritual abuse
- How rain helped the Mongols conquer Asia
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- 2 proven ways to increase your willpower — courtesy of the Cookie Monster
Subscribe to the Week