How did Carrie Prejean “cement” her views against gay marriage? said TMZ. It looks like her parent’s “ugly divorce” may have had something to do with it. Court documents reveal that Prejean’s mother accused the beauty queen’s dad, Will Prejean, of being a homosexual, and alleged that he told their daughters all men with mustaches were gay.
“To be fair,” said Celebuzz, “Prejean's mother noted that accusations of gayness were a two-way street”—Mr. Prejean questioned her sexuality, too. And in the court records, Prejean’s sister “provides a graphic retelling of a weekend visit to their father's apartment,” in which she claims to have seen his roommate in bed with another man. It’s “no wonder” Carrie Prejean “can't seem to get her head straight about same-sex marriage.”
Well, we interviewed Will Prejean, said Radar Online, and he denied the accusations and “said the family is very close now.” He also claimed “his children were brought up to believe that marriage is between a man and a woman,” and thinks his daughter is being unfairly attacked by those that are intolerant of her “right to voice her own opinions.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- 10 things you need to know today: November 21, 2014
Subscribe to the Week