How did Carrie Prejean “cement” her views against gay marriage? said TMZ. It looks like her parent’s “ugly divorce” may have had something to do with it. Court documents reveal that Prejean’s mother accused the beauty queen’s dad, Will Prejean, of being a homosexual, and alleged that he told their daughters all men with mustaches were gay.
“To be fair,” said Celebuzz, “Prejean's mother noted that accusations of gayness were a two-way street”—Mr. Prejean questioned her sexuality, too. And in the court records, Prejean’s sister “provides a graphic retelling of a weekend visit to their father's apartment,” in which she claims to have seen his roommate in bed with another man. It’s “no wonder” Carrie Prejean “can't seem to get her head straight about same-sex marriage.”
Well, we interviewed Will Prejean, said Radar Online, and he denied the accusations and “said the family is very close now.” He also claimed “his children were brought up to believe that marriage is between a man and a woman,” and thinks his daughter is being unfairly attacked by those that are intolerant of her “right to voice her own opinions.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to survive a spaceship disaster
Subscribe to the Week