Brace yourselves, Partridge Family fans, said the New York Post. Shirley Jones, who played the wholesome mother of the singing sitcom family, might pose nude for Playboy at age 75, if her husband/manager Marty Ingels gets his way. "She's still drop-dead gorgeous," Ingels told Page Six.
Sorry, but Shirley Jones is "keeping her clothes on," said Access Hollywood. A representative for Playboy contacted after the report in the New York Post gossip column said the magazine was not in talks to have Jones appear in its pages.
"Without doing any exhaustive research," said Jessica Damiano in Newsday, "we think Jones would be the oldest woman ever to bare all for Playboy, ahead of Nancy Sinatra, who did so at 54, and Farrah Fawcett and Joan Collins, who dropped their drawers at age 50." Eww.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 10 things you need to know today: October 31, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How science can help you survive scary movies
Subscribe to the Week