Brace yourselves, Partridge Family fans, said the New York Post. Shirley Jones, who played the wholesome mother of the singing sitcom family, might pose nude for Playboy at age 75, if her husband/manager Marty Ingels gets his way. "She's still drop-dead gorgeous," Ingels told Page Six.
Sorry, but Shirley Jones is "keeping her clothes on," said Access Hollywood. A representative for Playboy contacted after the report in the New York Post gossip column said the magazine was not in talks to have Jones appear in its pages.
"Without doing any exhaustive research," said Jessica Damiano in Newsday, "we think Jones would be the oldest woman ever to bare all for Playboy, ahead of Nancy Sinatra, who did so at 54, and Farrah Fawcett and Joan Collins, who dropped their drawers at age 50." Eww.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- The week's best photojournalism
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week