Brace yourselves, Partridge Family fans, said the New York Post. Shirley Jones, who played the wholesome mother of the singing sitcom family, might pose nude for Playboy at age 75, if her husband/manager Marty Ingels gets his way. "She's still drop-dead gorgeous," Ingels told Page Six.
Sorry, but Shirley Jones is "keeping her clothes on," said Access Hollywood. A representative for Playboy contacted after the report in the New York Post gossip column said the magazine was not in talks to have Jones appear in its pages.
"Without doing any exhaustive research," said Jessica Damiano in Newsday, "we think Jones would be the oldest woman ever to bare all for Playboy, ahead of Nancy Sinatra, who did so at 54, and Farrah Fawcett and Joan Collins, who dropped their drawers at age 50." Eww.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
- 10 things you need to know today: July 28, 2014
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
Subscribe to the Week